Who we are
Web People is a group of University employees who work on the Web and want to meet and be around others who do similar work.
We discuss everything from content to code.
The committee members for 2021-2022 are Frank Nelson, and Alan Wojciechowski.
How do I attend?
All meeting are on Zoom until further notice.
Join the Web People Google Group to get updates on meeting topics.
Subscribe to our calendar to have the events available on your calendar.
After the meeting, we will update the calendar event with the links to the slides and video recording.
Each month we ask for presenters on a topic. Contact us if you are interested.
- November 2020: “UMN Twin Cities Homesite Redesign”
- October 2020: “Drupal transition to 8/9”
- May 2020: “Rebuilding the nest: Managing and executing a website content update for the Raptor Center” and “A user-centered approach to content strategy: Shifting the culture at the Health Sciences Libraries”
- April 2020: “Usability of Words”
- February 2020: “Google Tag Manager” and “Google Analytics and Tag Manager on APAS”
- December 2019: “Building Consensus: Communication Without Alienation” and “Front-end optimizations: greening the user experience”
- October 2019: "CSS Grid and Responsive Images"
- September 2019: "Tech groups at the U"
- May 2019: "Folwell design system"
- April 2019: "Google Tag Manager"
- Join our Google Group
- Communicate on the #web-people channel on Tech People Slack
- Attend our events